Pitfalls in Writing Special Stipulations
GREC #67868 through Georgia Real Estate Academy GREC School #6915 | FREE 3 HR CE
This course introduces Agents, Brokers, REALTORS® and non-REALTORS® to the contractual issues and effect of including Special Stipulations in contracts for the purchase and sale of real estate in Georgia. Issues covered include: Special Stipulations available to agents in the GAR forms package, Special Stipulations available in the RE Forms package, the problems with agents writing their own stipulations and the effect upon the parties special stipulations have in a contract.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
(1) Be familiar with the issues addressed by the Special Stipulations available in the GAR contract forms package,
(2) Be familiar with the issues addressed by the Special Stipulations available in the RE Forms contract forms package,
(3) Understand the construction of a special stipulation,
(4) Recognize the enforceability and effect of a special stipulation with respect to the other terms of the real estate contract
(5) Be informed of case law outcomes from the effect of a special stipulation on various real estate contracts.